Erin Young is the Founder & Principal Consultant at Slide UX, a family-run business that specializes in UX. They help clients establish great user experiences, utilizing the best UX design practices that include integrated business strategy, user research, UI design, and cross-functional collaboration. They’ve been named one of the best UX agencies five years in a row.
- The real value of UX research is understood through opportunity cost. Try asking “What would it cost if you got on the wrong foot with wrong assumptions?” User Research might help you choose the right options from the get-go.
- Competitive research can provide deep insights but it's not user research.
- Now that the companies are recognizing that digital is imperative and carries more weight than ever before, it has changed the way they are distributing their budget.
- "Every company reaches that point where they have to delegate, or they have to divide decision-making to make all of the decisions they have to make" - Erin
- To facilitate the free flow of communication and humanize remote culture, organize weekly meetings as a senior leadership team, prepare an agenda ahead of time with space for comments, and most importantly take notes.
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/erinlynnyoung/
Slide UX - https://slideux.com/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/slideux?lang=en
- You can save time by skipping user research.