Mark Baldino is the Co-founder of Fuzzy Math, a user experience design, strategy, and innovation firm that solves difficult problems with a human-centered design approach and has helped establish design practices for upstart businesses and Fortune 500 companies including Microsoft, and GE Healthcare.
- If a resource is comfortable with working remotely then as an agency you should allow them to. An A+ resource is better remote than outside your company.
- As an agency things like culture happen naturally. If you’re living the values you preach, the team follows.
- Contrary to popular belief virtual meetings are more inclusive. There is an accessibility component to communication in a 100% virtual company.
- “When everyone's just a screen, you kind of treat everybody a little bit more equal. And I think that's a real benefit. And I think our clients can feel that and our team can feel that whether we're doing an internal kind of meeting, or we're doing a client workshop.” - Mark
- Sometimes you have to say no to good business just because it’s not the right fit for you, culturally or technologically.
- First contacts can determine if a client is good for you or not. If they’re having trouble understanding your culture and values then it’s not going to be any different with work.
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/markbaldino/
Fuzzy Math - https://fuzzymath.com
- Communication in a 100% virtual company strains people and makes them less productive.