Thursday Mar 31, 2022
The best decisions are ones that can always be reassessed - Brett Snyder - Episode #36
Brett Snyder is the founder and CEO of Knucklepuck. Brett built Knucklepuck with a holistic digital philosophy, assembling a team of experts in SEO, Paid Media, Content Marketing, and Web Development that is uniquely positioned to adapt to clients’ evolving business needs.
- What myth or bogus strategy do you want to bust? 1:53
- How did you get into this business? 5:56
- Tell us more about your experience with customers. 11:48
- How do you keep the team motivated? 18:38
- Tell us more about your hiring process. 25:18
- What's your favorite interview question? 41:40
- What is your understanding of success? 48:07
- What is Brettgammon? 52:40
- A lot of people, in the startup world, or running a company, spend so much time putting agreements in place because we want to adhere to those agreements forever and forever.
- If you're in a leadership position you have to make the best decision, given the circumstances that you have. And then as those circumstances change, you have to be willing to reassess your decisions.
- Every decision is the right decision when you make it - Jessie
- There's always an option! Nobody is here in a prison state that has to continue working for a client that abuses them or their team.
- Everybody tries to accumulate leverage, I would argue, but it's kind of like playing a video game and stashing a whole bunch of inventory and then getting to the final boss and not using any of it! And so if you're going to collect this leverage, you have to apply it.
- “And I think that's where leverage really comes into play, where you just have to be willing and able to go out there and say, This is what I need for me and for my team. And I think that's the big part about leadership and a CEO role in particular”. - Brett
- “And I think it's one thing to say we don't require a college degree, it's another to look at the majority of the people on the team stating a college degree in their bio. Um, but we really want to be able to look at our roles as a digital company and say, does a college degree help here? I'm not sure it helps for most roles or as required for most roles. But can we at least give people the opportunity to apply, knowing that their lack of a college degree is not going to be something that will hold them back?”- Brett
- Success is a very individualized metric. It's defined very differently for every individual. And I think I'm no exception to that.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brettasnyder/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KnucklepuckDC
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/knucklepuckdc/
- Company Website: https://www.knucklepuckmedia.com/
- You don’t have to honor your agreements.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.