Jeremy Durant is the Business Principal at Bop Design, a marketing communications agency dedicated to assisting companies and organizations in developing their brand through effective design and integrated marketing systems.
- In terms of development, cost, and quality, working with outsourced companies is beneficial. It's as simple as taking those cost savings and passing them along to your customer.
- It is simpler to retain employees when you are not overly aggressive in terms of growth; it is preferable to keep things moderate, steady, and disciplined.
- “There's a perception. If you have an office, that means you're more established.” - Jeremy
- When you’re starting out as an agency it's crucial to concentrate on variable costs as much as possible.
- From a growth perspective, an average of 150,000 to 200,000 in revenue per employee is a good starting point for a web design agency.
- While working with an outsourced or an offshore company, any task or skill that you're outsourcing requires you to have employees on your team that have the same skills.
- Entering a saturated market is bad news, especially when you're coming from a different background.